Airport personnel will not tolerate any rude, violent or hostile behaviour as well as threats and jokes of legal action toward them, therefore passengers who conduct themselves in such ways will not be allowed to board. Security check requires passengers to have successfully completed flight registration and/or online registration, to have a boarding pass and a proof of ID.
To ensure flight safety for all flights, domestic and international, all passengers (transit and point-to-point), their carry-on, baggage and personal belongings are subject to a mandatory security screening. Passengers, who refuse to pass the security check or submit their carry-on, baggage and any personal belongings for screening, will not be allowed to board.
Baggage and carry-on are subject to dangerous substances clearance. Please, familiarize yourself with the current list of substances prohibited for transportation. Be ready to provide your personal belongings to airport personnel for detailed inspection.
Personal items, carry-on and baggage contents that are deemed suspicious are subject to mandatory additional screening. Items and substances that are available for sale but forbidden to carry-on transportation may be handed over to someone seeing passengers off or registered as a separate baggage item (if allowed), or stored by the security personnel at the airport for a period not exceeding 15 days with applicable fees.
Passengers, who are carrying weapons, ammunition, explosive devises or any other items that can cause unlawful interference, will be prosecuted in accordance to criminal code of Ukraine.
▸ You can bring 100 ml or less of liquids, aerosols and/or gels providing them in containers with a capacity of no more than 100 ml or equivalents (100 grams/3.4 oz);
▸ Liquids in containers larger than 100ml generally can't go through the security check even if the container is partially full;
▸ The total number of liquid containers must fit into a small plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 litre. The approximate dimensions of a 1L bag are 20 cm by 20 cm (7 in. by 7 in.) or 25 cm by 15 cm (10 in. by 3 in.);
▸ One bag per person separately from other baggage. The bag should be sealed and clear;
▸ Exceptions for liquids, non-solid food and gels, baby food, milk, breast milk, formula, etc. (regardless of quantity or volume), prescription medicines, special dietary products, liquids for diabetes or other medical conditions, documentation to support your medical needs or condition is required;
▸ Liquids, gels and aerosols and other kinds of goods purchased from airline or airport retailers after security screening with a capacity of more than 100ml are allowed aboard only in special sealed clear plastic bags with special security features and with a proof of a purchase.
Liquids: bottled water, coffee, soft drinks, juice, syrup, alcohol, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, toothpaste, perfume, cologne, liquid soap, insect repellent, liquid or gel based hand sanitizers, creams, lotions, liquid based cosmetics (e.g. mascara, liquid foundation, liquid eyeliner), etc. Gels: hair styling gel, gel-based deodorant, shaving gel, gel-based cosmetics, etc. Aerosols: hairspray, body spray, sunscreen spray, etc.
1. Signal flare pistols, signal lights, dowel drivers, gases and sprays such as stun or tear gas, acid sprays, etc.
2. Devices for shocking (except defibrillator due to medical emergency).
3.Cathodic weapons of all kinds.
5. Compressed and condensed gases designed for a household and industrial use – propane, butane, nitrogen, neon, argon, oxygen, chlorine, except those carried by medical teams and used for emergency medical care.
6. Flammable liquids: gasoline, kerosene, acetone, methanol, methyl ether, brake fluid, carbon disulfide, ethers, organic solvents, all types of adhesives and sealants containing flammable (spontaneously combustible) components.
8. Toxic and potent substances: toxic and potent substances regardless of consistence, as well as the packaging form and quality; Brucine, nicotine, strychnine, formaldehyde, antifreeze, ethylene glycol, mercury, cyanide agents, cyclone, calcium cyanide and substances with similar properties.
10. Radioactive substances and materials of any degree of potential risk, supply form, consistence and physical properties.
All other substances and items similar to those listed above as well as those that require special storage, transportation or other specific conditions, that can cause any doubts about the transportation, such as those that can cause an explosion, fire or endanger life and health of passengers, cabin crew, and aircraft in general.
1. Firearms (including military, hunting, and sporting equipment), air guns, gas spray guns, pistols and revolvers designed to fire cartridges and equipped with rubber or similar balls, melee weapons of all kinds and similar articles, bullets and spare parts for weapons, as well as practice, emasculated, souvenir, collectible and fake weapons in case a private of juristic person presents the permission to store, bear and transport weapon, as well as shotguns and spear fishing equipment.
2. Harpoon guns and spear guns.
3. Bows, cross bows and arrows.
4. Slingshots and catapults.
8.Toy or any kind of replica and imitation weapons that could be mistaken for real weapons.
Please, check with your airline, as some restrictions may apply.
Pistols, flare guns, military, hunting, and sporting rifles, customized weapons, BB guns, and other firearms, as well as arbalest, hunting knives, katana, swords, grenades, switchblades, daggers and others are allowed in checked luggage, but must be unloaded, packed in a special locked hard-sided (metal) container, and declared to the airline at check-in.
This restriction also applies to firearms parts and ammunition that must be packed in separate special shock and fire resistant containers.When passengers check in, they are required to declare the items with the airline and ensure they are packed properly.
When traveling to or from Ukraine, or when traveling between any two other countries, you must understand the laws of the departure country, your destination country, and of any country where you may have to change planes or have any kind of layover. Every airline company has the right to refuse to transport a passenger with any kind of weapon/firearms/ammunition.