Norms of moving of subjects of citizens through a customs border of Ukraine
- I. Procedure for brining currency in/out of Ukraine by individuals. Procedure for brining currency in/out of Ukraine by individuals.
The individual has the right to bring in/out of Ukraine cash in the amount of up to 10000 Euros - without written declaration to the customs authorities, and in the amount which exceeds 10000 Euros, - with written declaration of the total amount and availability of the document proving cash withdrawal from the bank accounts.
- II. Procedure for brining precious metals in/out of Ukraine. Procedure for brining precious metals in/out of Ukraine
Taking out of items, made from precious metals and stones, from Ukraine by individuals is carried out with a mandatory written declaration. If the aggregate value of these products exceeds 200 Euros, their taking out by individuals is carried out in coordination with the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine.
Exportation of cultural value outside of customs area of Ukraine is executed based on the certificate on the right of exportation of cultural values.
- III. Importation of food and medicines. Importation of food and medicines.
1. Citizens are allowed to import to the customs area of Ukraine:
- strong alcoholic beverages - 1 l, wine - 2 l, beer - 5 l, tobacco - 200 g;
- Food items, which total value, do not exceed 50 Euros, which are imported:
- in manufacturer packaging, - 1 pack of each item per person;
- unpacked - 2 kg of each item per person;
- as an indivisible product ready for immediate use, in quantities of 1 unit of each item per person.
2. Food which is imported by individual to customs area of Ukraine for own consumption in specified volumes, are declared orally or in written form at will of the holder or on request of the official of customs.
Food items without manufacturer packaging are not subject to transportation in unaccompanied baggage.
3. Not registered medicines in the quantity required for the course of treatment, under condition of presentation of following documents:
- certificate of the doctor indicating the diagnosis of disease;
- prescription for this medicine (with the signature and a personal seal of the doctor, the signature of the responsible person and medical institution round stamp).
- IV. Import of personal belongings of individuals. IV. Import of personal belongings of individuals
Personal belongings, which are imported by individuals to the customs area of Ukraine, are declared orally or in writing at will of the holder of such things or on request of the official of a customs body and are not subject to customs duties or taxes.
The list of the items attributed to personal belongings of individuals, is specified by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 1652, dated 13.12.01.
- V. Import of domestic animals. Import of domestic animals
Live animals, in case of import on territory of Ukraine, shall be subject to compulsory declaration as well as to the state veterinary control at the border of Ukraine.
- VI. Import of the goods on customs area of Ukraine. Import of the goods on customs area of Ukraine
The goods imported by citizens on customs area of Ukraine, are subject to compulsory written declaration and the taxation depending on their cost and weight.
The goods are released from the import tax on customs area of Ukraine:
- goods, which total customs value does not exceed 200 Euros, and total weight does not exceed 50 kg;
- strong alcoholic beverages - 1 l, wine - 2 l, beer - 5 l, tobacco - 200 g, brought in personal baggage of individuals;
- personal belongings that are imported (sent) in the case of relocation of citizens for permanent residence in Ukraine;
- one motor vehicle for every adult citizen in case of relocation to permanent residence, provided that he is the owner of such vehicle for not less than one year and subject to such a vehicle registered in the country of previous permanent residence for at least one year;
- transport facilities, in a quantity of one unit and the goods, which are a part of the inheritance under the law, opened outside of Ukraine for benefit of the resident, in case of confirmation of its composition by authorities, which make notaries acts in the country of its opening.