Aviation security control
Aviation Security control
In order to ensure the security of civil aviation from the Acts of Unlawful Interference, on domestic and international flights all passengers, including transit and transfer ones, their cabin baggage, hold baggage and personal belongings shall be subject of mandatory aviation security control. In case when a passenger refuses to pass security controls or refuses to provide for security inspection his/her cabin baggage, hold baggage, personal belongings, or threats against airport staff, jokes about intentions to commit unlawful actions, etc., such passenger does not allowed to the flight.
To the aviation security control procedures are permitted only passengers who have undergone the check-in procedure at the airport or online check-in, have received a boarding pass and have their identity documents.
General Recommendations for Aviation Security Control procedures:
- Be ready to provide your boarding pass and identity documents;
- Put into the special basket your outerwear (depending on the season), a headdress, wallet, watch, belt and pocket content;
- Place a package with liquids (see "Liquids Transportation by Passengers") into the basket separately from other belongings;
- In case of presence of electronic devices (computers, tablets, photo and video equipment, etc.) place them into another basket separately, having them previously taken out from the cover;
- Be ready to provide your shoes for the security inspection for request of the aviation security staff;
- Place all things on the moving part of the conveyor and pass through the metal detector after invitation of the aviation security staff;
In case of presence of implanted cardiac pacemaker, be sure to alert the aviation security staff at the checkpoint during the document verification stage and follow the recommendations for further security control.
Passengers with implanted pacemaker shall undergo manual inspection without using of special technical means of control.
We also inform you that in Ukraine airports, on a random basis is applied an additional security control to all categories of passengers, their cabin baggage and hold baggage.
Aviation Security Control for Cabin baggage and Hold Baggage
There are aviation security restrictions applied to cabin baggage and hold baggage. Please be acquainted with the list of objects and substances prohibited for air transportation.
At the point of security control be prepared to provide your personal belongings for inspection on request of the aviation security staff.
Passengers' personal belongings, cabin baggage and hold baggage, which raise suspicions of their security, shall be subject to mandatory physical control of aviation security.
Found passengers' items and substances that are in free sale but are not allowed to be carried by air as cabin baggage may be transferred to accompanying persons or registered as a separate unit of luggage (if it is permissible) or withdrawn by representatives of the aviation security service with the drawing up of the relevant act with temporary storage at the airport for a period of no more than 15 days on a paid basis.
In the case of the detection of weapons, ammunition, explosive devices or substances, other items that may be used to commit an act of unlawful interference, the measures provided for by the current legislation of Ukraine shall be applied to the passenger.
Liquids Transportation by Passengers
Liquids shall be allowed to be transported only in containers with a capacity not exceeding 100 ml each or with equivalent capacity expressed in other units of volume measurement;
Liquids contained in containers of more than 100 ml capacity shall not be accepted to be transported as cabin baggage, even if the capacity is only partially filled. (however, the transportation of empty containers with a capacity of more than 100 ml shall be allowed);
Containers with liquids shall be placed in a transparent polyethylene package that is fastened and does not exceed the total volume of 1 litre. (approximate size of a package with the volume of 1 l: 20 cm x 20 cm or 25 cm x 15 cm or equivalent size) Containers shall be freely placed within the package, which should be completely closed;
Each passenger shall be allowed to carry only one package of liquids, which is provided for security control separately from other belongings;
Exemption from the above requirements shall be allowed only in relation to medicines, baby food, as well as in relation to foods that are intended for special dietary or other medical purposes. At the point of security control, a passenger shall present the document that confirms the need for the availability of medical and diabetic equipment and their use during the flight. Parents with infants may take on board baby food in the amount that is required for the child for the duration of the flight.
Liquids, gels and aerosols purchased in the controlled area of the airport (after passing safety control procedures) and which volume exceeds 100 ml shall be allowed on board of the aircraft as cabin baggage, if they are packed in a special package protected from unauthorized disclosure and accompanied by a corresponding check.
All liquids, gels and aerosols (even those purchased in duty-free stores) may not be accepted for transportation as cabin baggage if their volume exceeds 100 ml in case the passenger leaves the controlled airport area.
On all flights from the "Kyiv" (Zhuliany) International Airport, the following restrictions shall apply for the transportation of liquids in cabin baggage:
Liquids shall be understood as follows (this list is not exhaustive):
water and other beverages, soups, syrups, jams, stewed products, sauces and pasta, other foods in sauces or in large quantities of liquids, creams, lotions, cosmetics, oils, perfumes, sprays, gels, including hair and shower gels, contents of pressurized containers, including shaving foam, other types of foam and deodorants, pastes, including toothpaste, mixtures of liquids with solids and any other substances of similar consistency.
List of Items and Substances Prohibited for Air Transportation:
- gunpowder of all types, brands and samples in any package, container (regardless of quantity);
- capsules for hunting weapons;
- capsule detonators of all samples;
- electric detonators of all samples;
- electric igniters;
- fire and detonating cords;
- detonators and fuses to ammunition;
- ammunition of all kinds and samples;
- training and imitation ammunition;
- trotyl, tol, dynamite, ammonal, hexogen, other explosives of military and industrial purpose, hand-made explosive mixtures, substances and items equipped with them;
- pyrotechnic means: rocket signaling and lighting, falsifiers, smoke chambers, landing checkers, thermal matches, matches of a fuzer, railroad petards, Bengal lights, fireworks lights, luscugels, pyrotechnic household items and similar items and hand-made tools and products.
- пpropane-butane, nitrogen, neon, argon, oxygen, chlorine, except those transported by medical brigades to provide emergency care to the population.
- Gasoline, kerosene, acetone, methanol, methyl ether, brake fluid, carbon disulphide, ethers, organic solvents, all types of adhesives and sealants containing inflammable (self-inflammable) components.
- potassium, sodium, calcium metallic, their alloys, calcium phosphorous and substances with similar properties;
- white, yellow phosphorus and other substances classified as inflammable solids;
- dry industrial nitrocellulose, colloidal and moist, regardless of the solvent content.
- brucine, nicotine, strychnine, formalin, antifreeze, ethylene glycol, mercury, cyanide preparations, cyclone, "Black cyanide" and substances with similar properties.
- inorganic acids - hydrochloric, sulfuric, nitric and mixtures thereof;
- hydrofluoric acid;
- alkalies of all kinds - potassium, sodium and similar chemical compounds;
- preparations for etching metals, bleaching lime, electrolyte accumulative and substances with similar properties;
- chemicals for removing varnishes and paints from the surface covered with them.
1. Rocket launchers, light signaling devices, gun pistol building and assembly, gas balloons containing nerve-paralytic, tear-off, poisonous and potent gases;
2. Electro-shock devices of all kinds, except medical resuscitation equipment (defibrillators), transported by medical brigades for emergency assistance;
3. Electronic beam weapons of all kinds;
4. 4. Explosive substances, compounds, items equipped with them, means of explosion:
5. Compressed and liquefied gases for household and industrial use:
6. Inflammable liquids:
7. Inflammable solids are substances that under the influence of water emit heat and ignite spontaneously:
8. Poisonous and potent substances - poisonous and potent substances in any physical state, regardless of the form and quality of their packaging:
9. Corrosive substances:
10. Radioactive substances and materials of any degree of potential risk, form of manufacture or physical condition and physical properties.
All other substances, compounds and items subject to the above-mentioned features, as well as those to which the manufacturer distributes the special conditions of storage, transportation and use which raise doubts as to the safety of their transportation, as may be used for explosion, firing or other threat to the safety of lives and health of passengers and crew members of the aircraft.
1. Firearms (including combat, hunting, sporting), pneumatic, gas weapons, pistols and revolvers intended for shooting of ammunition equipped with rubber or similar balloons, cold weapons of all kinds and constructively similar products, cartridges, spare parts and elements of the weapon, as well as training, demolished, museum, souvenir, collectible and properties firearms with the presence of the appropriate permission for its storage, carriage and transportation carried by a physical or legal person.
(The procedure for transportation of weapons shall be regulated by an instruction approved by the central body of executive power in the field of transport)
2. Guns and pistols for underwater hunting, harpoon rifles;
3. Bows, crossbows and arrows;
4. Slingshots and slings;
5. Items with a pointed end or sharpened edge that can be used for bodily injuries (pruning and cutting items), in particular:
items for felling, such as axes, cutters and knifes;
ice puffins and ice-pipes;
swords and sabres;
items for hand-to-hand combat with sharpened ends or sharpened edges;
metal table knives, folding and stationery knives;
blades for shaving;
needles for medical injections;
manicure scissors and nail files;
6. Working tools that can be used to cause serious bodily harm or to create a security hazard for an aircraft, in particular:
screwdrivers and chisels;
drills and borers, including rechargeable portable electric drills;
saws, including rechargeable portable electric saws;
"pistols" for fastening and nailing.
7. Items with blunt ends that can cause bodily harm, in particular:
sports equipment (baseball bats and bats for playing softball, cues, hammers, golf and hockey clubs, dumbbells and weights, etc.);
sticks and batons, including police solid, flexible or telescopic ones;
maces and flanged mace, including souvenir ones;
8. Devices and toys simulating all kinds of weapons.
Please note that each airline reserves the right to impose additional restrictions on the transportation of certain categories of items and substances on its own flights.
In case of doubt regarding the possibility of transportation of certain items and substances that are not included in the above list, we ask you to pre-specify the information directly with the representatives of the airline at the airport.
It shall be allowed to transport by passenger of air transport the following items:
military rifle weapons of army samples or custom-made, milled, training, non-advanced rifle, sports, hunting rifles, combined and smooth-bore weapons, ammunition for these types of weapons, pneumatic weapons, domestic production devices for shooting ammunition equipped with rubber or similar by their properties non-lethal metal shells and specified cartridges, cold weapons (crossbows, hunting knives, katanas, sabers, checkers, swords, broadswords, yatagans, Finnish knives, dirks, daggers, bayonets, bayonet knives), training, properties weapons, gas pistols and revolvers owned by enterprises, institutions, organizations, business associations and citizens.
All types of weapons of individuals must be transported in an unloaded, disassembled (if possible) state as registered luggage, in a special portable metal container with a secure lock in the luggage compartment of the aircraft in a place not accessible to passengers and crew during the flight.
Ammunition must be transported in a separate package from the weapons.
For the transportation of firearms, pneumatic, cold weapons and ammunition within Ukraine, individuals during the registration of air tickets shall submit a permit for the right to store and carry each weapon unit issued by the appropriate internal affairs body, or a duplicate of the permission to purchase weapons with a mark by the trade organization on the sale of weapons.
Permits for the import and export of weapons by Ukrainian citizens shall be issued by the Main Administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
Permits for the import and export of weapons and ammunition by foreign citizens shall be issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
The standards for ammunition, gunpowder to be transported by individuals as luggage shall not exceed the following weight:
- ammunition for firearms of all calibers - 10 kg;
- smokeless gunpowder and products made of it - 10 kg;
- smoked gunpowder - 5 kg;
- smoked gunpowder products - 5 kg;
- capsules - 5 kg.
Gas cartridges, cartridges for gas pistols and revolvers by passenger flights shall not be accepted for transportation.
Passing a weapon for a flight period shall not exempt a passenger from the general security control procedure and the provision of cabin baggage and baggage to such control.
In case of the intention to transport weapons and/or ammunition, we ask you to agree this question with the airline in advance. Moreover, in the case of the transportation of weapons abroad, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the requirements of the legislation of the state on the rules of the transportation of weapons by air.
Each airline reserves the right to deny passengers transportation of weapons and ammunition.
Legislation of Other States
We draw your attention to the fact that, in addition to the general international requirements for aviation security, when travelling abroad, other states may apply additional restrictions provided for by local laws and airport technology procedures.
If you have witnessed the commission of unlawful actions by individual citizens or have information about the circumstances that may endanger the lives of passengers, staff or airport security, we ask you to inform us by telephone numbers:
Police station at the airport +38 (044) 339 26 44